By Alexander Sanborn, Public Relations /Outreach Specialist
New staff. The departure of one longtime staff. New additions to the Board of Directors, to replace exiting members and to expand the Board. And more . . . all during the year of 2018. How will these changes affect us? What will 2019 bring? DHHSC anticipates new adventures.
Let’s stop for a moment. Before going any further, let’s take a moment to review 2018:
- Four new hires (one in South Valley Outreach, one in Merced Outreach, and two in the Fresno Headquarters)
- The departure of Cheryl Parreira, Merced Coordinator of Client Services
- New creation of DHHSC Public Relations/Outreach Specialist position in DHHSC history
- 29th Annual VDF: “May The Deaf Force Be With You” with Peter Cook as Special Entertainer
- 10th Annual DHHSC Fresno Holiday Luncheon a huge success
- 31st Annual Silent Sleigh, returning after a one-year hiatus
For 2019, we eagerly anticipate new events and goals, including but not limited to:
- DHHSC’s 35th Anniversary event scheduled for May 11, 2019
- 30th Annual Valley Deaf Festival with theme to be announced soon
- More vlogs of DHHSC staff describing DHHSC’s services and programs
- Seeking a new Client Services Specialist for the Merced Outreach Office
- Updating DHHSC website
- New Deaf Awareness Week activities
Changes may be hard but they often bring about positive results. While we miss outgoing staff, we learn and benefit from new hires. If you have any feedback about DHHSC, including our social media, please contact us anytime as we want to better serve you.
On behalf of the DHHSC family, Happy New Year to you all! We look forward to seeing you throughout 2019.